This is a fabulous resource for anyone who wants to understand African American spirituality, shamanism, and indigenous spiritual practices and beliefs. It is designed to be informative while providing hands-on recipes, rituals, projects, and resources to help you become an active participant in its wonderfully soulful traditions.
Inside you will find:
1. A celebration of healing, magic, and the divination traditions of ancient African earth-based spirituality
2. An explanation of how these practices have evolved in contemporary African American culture
3. A potpourri of recipes, rituals, and resources that you can use to heal your life.
Previously published as The Big Book of Soul.
Stephanie Rose Bird holds a BFA cum laude from the Tyler School of Art and Architecture at Temple University, and an MFA from the University of California at San Diego. Bird works as an artist, herbalist, and aromatherapist. She is a co-owner of SRB Botanica with her daughter.
- Publisher: Hampton Roads Publishing Company
- Publish Date: February 01, 2022
- Pages: 272
- Dimensions: 6.0 X 8.9 X 0.8 inches | 0.75 pounds
- Language: English
- Type: Paperback
- EAN/UPC: 9781642970289
- BISAC Categories: Magick Studies - Goddess Worship - Ethnic Studies - Canadian Studies - Ethnic & Tribal - Cultural, Ethnic & Regional - General - Spirituality - Customs & Traditions