A is for Accessibility, B is for Belief, C is for Class. All people have the right to be treated fairly, no matter who they are, what they look like or where they come from. This bestselling book An ABC of Equality introduces complicated concepts surrounding social justice to the youngest of children. This revised hardback edition comes with an added introduction from the author.
From A to Z, simple explanations accompanied by engaging artwork teach children about the world we live in and how to navigate our way through it. Each right-hand page includes a brightly decorated letter with the word it stands for and an encouraging slogan. On the left, a colourful illustration and bite-size text sum up the concept. Cheerful people from a range of backgrounds, ethnicities, and abilities lead the way through the alphabet.
- L is for LGBTQIA. Find the words that make you, you.
- N is for No. No means no.
- P is for Privilege. Be aware of your advantages.
- X is for Xenophobia. Ask questions and you’ll see there’s nothing to be afraid of.
Ask more Questions, share your Kindness, and learn to Understand the world.
Chana Ginelle Ewing is a storyteller, strategist and entrepreneur who galvanizes communities of color, young people, and women to make cultural dents that move society forward.
Paulina Morgan works as an independent illustrator based in Santiago de Chile. She studied design before moving to Barcelona, Spain to obtain her master’s degree in Art Direction. She worked in advertising before deciding to pursue her passion for illustration.
- An ABC of Equality by Chana Ginelle Ewing & Paulina Morgan
- Item Weight: 12 ounces
Grade Level: Preschool - Kindergarten
- Hardcover: 56 pages
- ISBN-10: 0711262144
- ISBN-13: 9780711262140
- Product Dimensions: 7.75 x 0.45 x 9.55 inches
- Publisher Frances Lincoln Children's Books; Illustrated (September 1, 2020)
- Language: English
- Reading level: Baby - 5 years