Create the childbirth plan that's right for you
Welcoming a new baby is an exciting and joyous time, but it's natural to be nervous about getting everything ready. The First-Time Parent's Childbirth Handbook empowers you with answers for all your burning questions about giving birth and the days before and after, with space to build a custom birth plan that matches your values and comfort level.
- Know your options--Explore the pros and cons of giving birth at a birthing center, at home, or in a hospital, so you can make the decision that fits your needs.
- Be prepared--Find checklists and questions to help you choose your care providers and make sure everyone around you is ready to follow your chosen birth plan.
- Stay confident--Feel more in control as you learn what to expect during the stages of childbirth and which medical interventions might arise.
Make your childbirth journey the one you imagine with The First-Time Parent's Childbirth Handbook.
Dr. Stephanie Mitchell is a certified nurse midwife who has attended more than 500 births. She developed the innovative Intermittent Auscultation Checklist, which helps labor and delivery providers identify appropriate candidates for low-intervention labor and birth as the standard of care. Connect with her on Instagram @Doctor_Midwife.
- Publisher: Rockridge Press (May 18, 2021)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 164 pages
- ISBN-10: 164876200X
- ISBN-13: 9781648762000
- Item Weight: 9.3 ounces
- UNSPSC-Code: 55100000
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.45 x 8.5 inches