In Courage to Soar, the official autobiography from four-time Olympic gold-winning and record-setting American gymnast Simone Biles, Simone shares how her faith, family, passion, and perseverance has made her one of the top athletes and gymnasts in the world--and how you too can overcome challenges in your life.
Simone Biles' entrance into the world of gymnastics may have started on a field trip in her hometown of Spring, Texas, but her God-given talent, along with drive to succeed no matter the obstacle, are what brought her to the national spotlight during the Olympic Games and have catapulted her ever since--including 25 World Championship medals. But there is more to Simone than her accomplishments.
In this book Simone shares:
- how she has relied on her faith and family to stay focused and positive
- the ways she's continued competing at the highest level and having fun doing what she loves
- a behind-the-scenes looks at gymnastics events, including the Olympics
- the events and challenges that carried her from an early childhood in foster care to a coveted spot on the U.S. Olympic team
- Along the way, Simone shares the details of her inspiring personal story--one filled with daily acts of courage that led her, and can lead you, to even the most unlikely of dreams.
Courage to Soar
- presents a positive role model for young girls, whether athletes or not
- is an ideal gift for birthdays, holidays, or to celebrate important achievements
- is perfect for school assignments and reports
- is an inspirational story for fans of gymnastics or any sport
- contains an eight-page, full-color photo insert
New York Times bestselling author Simone Biles is a four-time Olympic gold medalist and a three-time World all-around gymnastics champion. In 2015 at the World Championships in Glasgow, Scotland, she became the only female gymnast to ever win three consecutive all-around titles. She is also the most decorated American female gymnast, with a total of nineteen medals, fourteen of them gold. Simone, who was born in Ohio and later adopted by her grandparents in Texas, began her training at age 6. During a serendipitous day care field trip to Bannon's Gymnastix, a coach recognized Simone's natural talent and sent home a letter to her parents, requesting that they enroll her in a class. Simone rose quickly through the sport's levels, and in 2011, she began her junior elite career at the American Classics in Huntsville, Texas, where she placed third all-around. Amid a few setbacks in the following two seasons, Simone rebounded in 2013 to claim the first of her three all-around World Championship titles. With her strong faith in God and her triumph against the odds, Simone is inspiring millions to dream big and follow their hearts.
Publisher: Zondervan; Illustrated edition (May 1, 2018)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 256 pages
- ISBN-10: 9780310759485
- Reading age: 13 years and up
- Lexile measure: 990L
- Grade level: 7 - 9
- Item Weight: 9.9 ounces
Dimensions: 6 x 0.88 x 9 inches