Join creators, writers, and comics legends as they discuss the impact of Marvel Studios' Black Panther in this gorgeously illustrated collection of essaysMarvel Studios' Black Panther has become more than just a movie--it has shaped conversations about art, culture, science fiction, representation, justice, fashion, comics, creativity, and so much more. Celebrate the legacy of the film with this collection of all-new personal essays and reflections that shed light on its monumental impact, including firsthand stories from artists involved in the film, cultural analysis from journalists and academics, and thoughtful insights from writers and comics legends. Each contributor brings their unique expertise and experience to explore the film's genesis and significance from every angle. Complete with gorgeous original illustrations, Dreams of Wakanda brings together a wide array of diverse and multifaceted perspectives that exemplify the many ways the film has impacted cinema, culture, and society.
In this collection:
- Costume designer Ruth E. Carter takes us through her Afrofuturistic designs.
- Writer Tre Johnson discusses the metaphoric qualities of vibranium.
- Author Yona Harvey reflects on how the film has resonated with audiences across the African diaspora.
- Journalist Hannah Giorgis uncovers how the soundtrack fits into sonic portraits of Blackness.
Foreword by Nic Stone, Art by Mateus Manhanini
Marlene Allen Ahmed
Aaron C. Allen
Ruth E. Carter
Suyi Davies Okungbowa
Dwayne Wong Omowale
Gil Robertson IV
- Publisher: Random House Worlds (September 6, 2022)
- Language: English
- Hardcover: 160 pages
- ISBN-10: 1984826174
- ISBN-13: 9781984826176
- Item Weight: 11.2 ounces
- Dimensions: 6.25 x 0.69 x 8.3 inches