Ten Simple Steps to Becoming Financially Whole
A ten-step plan for finding peace, safety, and harmony with your money—no matter how big or small your goals and no matter how rocky the market might be—by the inspiring and savvy “Budgetnista.”
“No matter where you stand in your money journey, Get Good with Money has a lesson or two for you!”—Erin Lowry, bestselling author of the Broke Millennial series
Tiffany Aliche was a successful pre-school teacher with a healthy nest egg when a recession and advice from a shady advisor put her out of a job and into a huge financial hole. As she began to chart the path to her own financial rescue, the outline of her ten-step formula for attaining both financial security and peace of mind began to take shape. These principles have now helped more than one million women worldwide save and pay off millions in debt, and begin planning for a richer life.
Revealing this practical ten-step process for the first time in its entirety, Get Good with Money introduces the powerful concept of building wealth through financial wholeness: a realistic, achievable, and energizing alternative to get-rich-quick and over-complicated money management systems.
With helpful checklists, worksheets, a tool kit of resources, and advanced advice from experts who Tiffany herself relies on (her “Budgetnista Boosters”), Get Good with Money gets crystal clear on the short-term actions that lead to long-term goals, including:
- A simple technique to determine your baseline or “noodle budget,” examine and systemize your expenses, and lay out a plan that allows you to say yes to your dreams. • An assessment tool that helps you understand whether you have a “don't make enough” problem or a “spend too much” issue—as well as ways to fix both.
- Best practices for saving for a rainy day (aka job loss), a big-ticket item (a house, a trip, a car), and money that can be invested for your future.
- Detailed advice and action steps for taking charge of your credit score, maximizing bill-paying automation, savings and investing, and calculating your life, disability, and property insurance needs.
- Ways to protect your beneficiaries' future, and ensure that your financial wishes will stand the test of time.
An invaluable guide to cultivating good financial habits and making your money work for you, Get Good with Money will help you build a solid foundation for your life (and legacy) that’s rich in every way.
Tiffany Aliche, aka "The Budgetnista," is an award-winning financial educator who has transformed the lives of over one million women worldwide. She regularly appears as a financial expert on The Real daytime talk show, and co-hosts a top-ranked financial podcast, Brown Ambition. Tiffany also co-founded an online school, the Live Richer Academy, which teaches women worldwide how to take their finances to the next level and achieve their personal goals. In 2019, Tiffany partnered with New Jersey Assemblywoman Angela V. McKnight to write a bill that was later signed into law, which mandated financial education to be integrated into all middle schools in New Jersey. Tiffany has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Fast Company, Reader's Digest, USA Today, Cosmopolitan, InStyle, Forbes, Redbook, Black Enterprise and U.S. News & World Report and has been on the Today show, Good Morning America, CNN, OWN and CBS. Tiffany currently lives in New Jersey with her husband and stepdaughter.
- Get Good with Money: Ten Simple Steps to Becoming Financially Whole by Tiffany the Budgetnista Aliche
- Publisher: Rodale Books (March 30, 2021)
- Language: English
- Hardcover: 368 pages
- ISBN-10: 0593232747
- ISBN-13: 9780593232743
- Item Weight: 1.25 pounds
- Dimensions: 6.39 x 1.21 x 9.39 inches