From feeling at home in your body to tapping into the wisdom that already lives within you, Taylor Elyse Morrison, founder of the lifestyle brand Inner Workout, guides you to discover what "self-care" truly means and cultivate a dynamic relationship with your whole being.
" Inner Workout offers ease and accessibility when it comes to transforming our thoughts around how we take care of ourselves. Required reading!" --Alexandra Elle, author of After the Rain and How We Heal
Caring for yourself is essential. But we need both direction and intention if we want to find out what we truly need in the moment. This is where Inner Workout comes in: First by redefining what self-care truly is and then by diving deep into areas where you might need some help. Addressing issues like body positivity, burnout, brain fog, self-confidence, and more, this guide offers a variety of practices, prompts, and actionable advice to strengthen your connection to each aspect of yourself.
Think of this as a choose your own self-care adventure: Take the Take Care Assessment and find out which practices you deeply need right now. Flip to a section that resonates with you. Or read through each chapter to discover what each dimension of care can offer you. The guidance within these pages isn't meant to change who you are, but to strengthen the wisdom you already have within. Whether new to self-care or wanting to deepen the connection you've cultivated with yourself, this book is here for you at every step in your wellness journey.
ACTIONABLE SELF-CARE FOR EVERYONE: Self-care, in all its forms, remains a powerful and popular topic. It seems only natural to refer to our mental health care as a workout: Something we practice every day in little and big ways to address our whole selves. Inner Workout offers lots of prompts, inspiration, and ideas to keep your self-care practice fresh and applicable at every stage of life.
THE ANSWER TO BURNOUT, BRAIN FOG, AND MORE: Each section of Inner Workout tackles a key area of self-care and helps to alleviate common wellness concerns:
- Physical (Feel at Home in Your Body)
- Energetic (Work with Your Energetic Cycles)
- Mental and Emotional (Cut Through Your Brain Fog)
- Wisdom (Tap into the Wisdom within You)
- Bliss (Experience Care Through Connection)
FROM A SELF-CARE EXPERT: Taylor Elyse Morrison, founder of the Inner Workout self-care brand, roots her work in the idea that the key to true, sustainable self-care is to build up an intuitive connection to your self. From her years of leading seminars, trainings, and guided meditations, she has cultivated ways to tap into what you already know about yourself in an accessible way--and that is captured fully in this practical guide.
- Anyone ready to develop easy self-care routines
- Health and wellness enthusiasts and practitioners looking for new approaches
- Expanding upon personal interests in chakra healing, yoga, body positivity, and other forms of health and wellness
- Corporate or private group resource for combatting burnout and promoting well-being
- Supportive and thoughtful gift for students, recent grads, overworked moms and dads, coworkers, or friends who would benefit from the permission to put themselves first
- Followers of Dive In Well, Black Girl in Om, Well + Good, and MindBodyGreen
Taylor Elyse Morrison is the CEO of Inner Workout where she spends her days working toward a world without burnout. She's a sought-after international speaker and facilitator. You may have seen her talking about self-care in publications including Forbes, Entrepreneur, and The Thirty. Taylor is also a Wayfinder Coach, a certified 200-hour yoga teacher, a certified Meditation and Mindfulness teacher, and a Certified Resilience Practitioner. Taylor lives in Chicago with her husband, Matthew, her dog Blue, and an ever-growing number of plants.
- Publisher: Chronicle Books (March 14, 2023)
- Language: English
- Hardcover: 160 pages
- ISBN-10: 1797217739
- ISBN-13: 9781797217734
- Item Weight: 14.9 ounces
- Dimensions: 6.35 x 0.85 x 8.25 inches