A comprehensive and judgement-free pregnancy companion: Nurture is the only all-in-one pregnancy and birthing book for modern mothers-to-be and their partners who want a more integrative approach. Author Erica Chidi Cohen has assisted countless births and helped hundreds of families ease into their new roles through her work as a doula. Nurture covers everything from the beginning months of pregnancy to the baby's first weeks.
This empowering book includes:
- Supportive self-care and mindfulness exercises, trimester-specific holistic remedies, nourishing foods and recipes for every month of pregnancy, and expert tips for every birth environment.
- More than 40 charming and helpful illustrations, charts, and lists can be found throughout.
- Dozens of important topics that every modern mom needs to know including fetal development, making choices for a hospital, home or birth center birth, the basics of breastfeeding, tips on what to expect postpartum, and more.
Nurture is a thoughtful and helpful gift for expecting mothers and their partners.
Erica Chidi is a doula, lactation counselor and trained chef. She is also the co-founder and CEO of LOOM, providing education, services, and inclusive community to the reproductively-curious, pregnant and parenting. Raised in the United States and South Africa by a doctor father and nurse mother, she began her career in the world of contemporary art and public relations, but found herself drawn to helping others achieve their wellness goals. Stimulated but unfulfilled, she decided to act on her desire to positively impact the lives of women and families by training to become a doula. She soon built a successful solo practice which quickly gained national visibility due to her judgement-free philosophy that women should receive unconditional support no matter how or where they choose to birth. Erica empowers people to trust themselves and navigate pregnancy and early parenthood with confidence. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband.
- Publisher: Chronicle Books; Illustrated edition (October 24, 2017)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 256 pages
- ISBN-10: 1452152632
- ISBN-13: 9781452152639
- Item Weight: 2.23 pounds
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 1.25 x 9.35 inches