- Building your squad: what to look for in a friend, finding mentors, and setting boundaries for healthy relationships
- Saying what you mean without saying it mean: prepping yourself for self-advocacy, negotiations, and tough conversations
- Leaning into courage: affirming yourself, dealing with no's, and speaking up even when you feel like the "only one"
With lots of practical advice and real-life anecdotes, as well as questions for reflection and further resources, this book is all about finding your own unique path to success--at school, at work, at home, and beyond. Success is far from magical, but you've already got the tools you need to figure out your next best moves. And your stand-in big sis Minda is here to help you every step of the way!
Minda Harts is a well-connected, sought-after speaker and thought-leader, frequently speaking on the topics of advancing women of color, leadership, diversity, and entrepreneurship. In 2018, Minda was named as one of 25 Emerging Innovators by American Express. Minda is an assistant professor of public service of NYU's Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service and the founder of The Memo LLC, a career development company for women of color. Minda was also chosen by General Assembly to serve as one of their Dream Mentors. Secure The Seat is her weekly career podcast for women of color.
- Publisher: Dial Books (April 5, 2022)
- Language: English
- Hardcover: 192 pages
- ISBN-10: 059332661X
- ISBN-13: 9780593326619
- Reading age: 12 - 17 years
- Grade level: 7 - 9
- Item Weight: 11.6 ounces
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.47 x 8.25 inches